Skip to main content
- Conduct research and disseminate findings in all areas of school and teacher education.
- Support in policy decisions of MHRD, NCTE and other academic bodies.
- Establish networking and co-ordination among teacher education institutions CTE, IASE, DIET, SCERT, RIE, NCERT, BRC, CRC, University Departments of Education through collaborative research projects, academic support, exchange programmes and consultancy.
- Development and deployment of open educational resources and Massive open online courses related to pre and in-service teacher education programmes including Curriculum Studies, Pedagogic Studies, Assessment etc..
- Promote innovations in teacher education by providing advanced facilities, resources and grant to the teachers and teacher educators.
- Support curriculum development and renewal in teacher education at different levels.
- Professional development of teachers, teacher educators and administrators by organizing offline and online programmes including orientation and refresher courses.
- Facilitate technology integration in teacher education to transform both school and teacher education programmes.